God's Love Letter Sermon Series
about the Bible?
• About it's "truthiness?"
What we all can agree upon is that the Bible is clearly inspired by God and transmitted through human minds, hearts and hands.
And that underneath every verse of scripture is a spiritual truth that sometimes needs more work than we think in order to get to its heart.
• That it's "God's Love Letter"
A. The Bible is an encounter with God that reveals God's own loving heart (a revelation)
B. The Bible is an invitation to Dance with Gracious God.
C. The Bible contains a blueprint of (not for) Holy living that is both cultural bound and eternal.
This week, spend some time with the Bible every day.
1. Pick it up at least once a day. Thumb through it. Look at the Maps. Figure out the charts.
2. Stop and read some book you are unfamiliar with.
3. Re-read the gospel of Mark and/or the Gospel of John.
4. Jot down some questions you may have about the bible.
Oh yes, bring you bible to church on Sunday. Make some notes in it. Wear it out by referring to it every day.